My photo
Being a modeller for quite a few years now, I decided to explore the endless possibilities that the world (through internet) offers, and come up with a series of ways of building, modelling and painting fast (but not hastily), to create the worlds I was seeing in history books since I was little. . .If you care to join me. . . This is the place to be! And, I promise you to find the way (or ways)!!

Wednesday 9 July 2014

Shovels, sickles and planks of wood

Greetings everyone from Athens, that, for  the time being is rather warm.

Yesterday, while listening to Brazil vs Germany game (what a game!), I finished these three small terrain pieces, that can be used as complementary pieces next to small buildings, barns, stone houses, sheds etc.

The tools (shovels and sickles), were made with needles (the shafts) and thin card (the metal parts - blades and this curvy thing, which I can't grasp it in my memory right now, please bear with me...).

The rest of the woodwork is made by balsa wood and matches.

The sacks, were made by white Milliput, since I couldn't find any decent sacks in the market (and to be honest, I couldn't wait 7-15 days to receive them, by post - I had to finish the pieces yesterday).   :-)








I reckon that with a bit of patience given, it will be fairly easy for you guys to make something like these, in no time (go get some matches and needles)! 

I hope you like them.

Have a good Wednesday night everyone - I'm off to get me some pints o' Guinness!

T.

9 comments:

  1. Very nice Thanos. I've found model Railway suppliers are the best place for sacks like that. But I agree that it is easy enough and more rewarding to make your own from Milliput or similar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice scenery Thanos and useful for all kinds of periods too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very very nice work there Thanos! Sacks look excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just fantastic. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice terrain pieces Thanos, they'll work well with everything from your Napoleonic to WW2 models.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent and useful work...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work.

    I'll try doing the same one day.

    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nic pieces of scenery again Thanos!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete